Pro Football Still America’s Favorite Sport
At 9:07 am on January 31, 2011
An annual survey by Harris Interactive shows that professional football is still the favorite sport of Americans who follow at least one sport.
Pro football was preferred by more than 3 in 10 Americans (31%) compared with its nearest competitor, baseball (17%). In last year's Harris Poll, pro football was preferred over baseball by a 35% to 16% margin.
America's favorite sports, according to Harris:
- Pro football, 31%
- Baseball, 17%
- College football, 12%
- Auto racing, 7%
- Men's pro basketball, 6%
- Hockey, 5%
- Men's soccer, 4%
- Men's college basketball, 4%
Survey results are based on the responses of 2,331 adults online between December 6 and 13.
Related Articles and Blogs
- Kaepernicking Replaces Tebowing
- Leaders Take Responsibility
- Steelers ‘Championship’ Gear Helping Impoverished Communities
- Fox Sports Rejects Ministry’s ‘John 3:16’ Super Bowl Ad
- Jay Cutler: I’ve Got Your Back
- Touchdown Jesus
- Half Of Christians Favor New Location For New York Islamic Center