5 to Live By
By Bob Kellemen | Founder and CEO, RPM Ministries
Posted 5:58 am on February 03, 2012
Linking you to the top 5 Christian blog posts of the week—posts that provide robust, rich, and relevant insights for living.
President Obama’s War on Religion, Part 1
Don’t miss Denny Burk’s passionate commentary against Obama’s war on religion. Here’s an excerpt.
The President rolled out a regulation that will force religious organizations to pay for abortions. The regulation is all a part of Obamacare, and it requires faith-based hospitals and universities to provide birth-control without a co-pay. Many Christian groups (especially Roman Catholics) have religious objections to birth control, but those groups will now have to pay for it. What is worse is that some of the birth control methods that will be covered are abortifacients. Nearly all conservative Christian groups (both Protestant and Catholic) oppose abortifacients because they are medicines that cause abortions. In effect, Obamacare now requires these Christian groups to pay for the killing of unborn human life.
Read the rest, and pray, and vote: President Obama’s War on Religion.
President Obama’s War on Religion, Part 2
Nor should you miss Al Mohler’s equally scathing rebuke of the new law in The President, the Pill, and Religious Liberty in Peril.
Here’s an excerpt.
In 1808, President Thomas Jefferson stated the matter bluntly: “I consider the government of the United States as interdicted by the Constitution from intermeddling with religious institutions, their doctrines, discipline, or exercises.” Fast forward 204 years and President Barack Obama has reversed that logic, ordering religious institutions to provide insurance coverage for employees that must include contraceptives, including those that may induce an abortion.
5 Reviews of The Biblical Counseling Movement After Adams
Heath Lambert’s new book The Biblical Counseling Movement After Adams is attracting some well-deserved attention. Here are 5 recent reviews.
- Biblical Counseling Coalition/Jeff Forrey
- The Gospel Coalition/Bob Kellemen
- Thirsty Ones/Greg Wilson
- The Association of Biblical Counselors/Jay Younts
- The Institute for Nouthetic Studies/Donn Arms
6 De-Churching Trends
Pastor Paul Tautges nails it and challenges consumer “churchianity” in his summary of 6 De-Churching Trends.
Justin Taylor posts videos of An Interview with Stephen Meyer on Intelligent Design. In the videos, R.C. Sproul interviews Stephen Meyer, author of Signature in the Cell: DNA and the Evidence for Intelligent Design, on philosophy, evolution, education, Intelligent Design, and more.
Join the Conversation
Which post impacted you the most? Why? What blog posts have you enjoyed this week that you want to share with others?
Related Articles and Blogs
- More Than 40 Pro-Life Measures Enacted in 2012
- Abortion Rate Falls in U.S.
- Swing Voters Swayed by Obama’s Abortion Record
- The Top 5 Christian Blog Posts of the Week
- Top Five to Live By: The Year End Edition
- 24 Christian Living Blogs You Should Bookmark
- Five to Live By
More Posts by This Author
- The 12 Best Biblical Counseling Books of 2012
- This Week’s Top Christian Blog Posts
- Leaders Take Responsibility
- This Week’s Top 5 Christian Blog Posts
- Why ‘Leave It to Beaver’ Is No Better Than ‘Hell on Wheels’
- This Week’s Top Christian Blogs
- A Father’s Day Prayer for Our Children